Bulletproof password security
On July 19th, 2022, DARK Reading posted an article regarding the exposure and possible risk for password theft on Okta’s platform. Here is an excerpt from the article:
“Identity services provider Okta is facing serious security flaws, researchers contend, that could easily let an attacker gain remote access to the platform, extract plaintext passwords, impersonate users of downstream applications, and alter logs to hide any evidence they were ever there.”
Now, we all know that mitigating corporate networks and data to cybersecurity risks is paramount to an organization’s security of its network and sensitive data. What if there was a solution that could mitigate the risks stated in this article? The answer is YES … Rainbow Secure.
So, let’s address the three (3) major points in the article:
- Having passwords made available in plain text is a huge risk. The Rainbow Secure platform never stores, displays, or makes available unmasked plain text passwords. Rainbow Secure credentials are non-phish able and, as such, application administrators have ZERO access to it.
- Okta users can adopt Rainbow Secure’s multi-layer SSO login security to make their Okta deployment fool proof from automated cyber-attacks and password leaks.
- Okta users can connect their custom in-house applications with Rainbow Secure and benefit from unified SSO login across the board.
Certainly, Okta is a great technology and serves its clients very well. In that same breath, why not improve your organization’s password security by leveraging Rainbow Secure? After all, Rainbow Secure is the FIRST multi-layer password and password less authentication technology. Rainbow Secure’s technology has a U.S. Patent and is compliant with the NIST Cybersecurity Framework.
The solutions include:
- Single Sign On (SSO)
- Zero Trust (ZTN)
- Password less
- Smart Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Identity Access Management (IAM)
- Customer Identity Management (CIM)
and more……For more information about Rainbow Secure, please message me on LinkedIn. I’ll be happy to provide a complete overview and demonstration of Rainbow Secure’s technology Solutions.
For reference regarding the Okta password exposure, here is the link to the article: